Monday 20 February 2017

PaperArtsy new launch - Kay Carley 05,06,07

Over on the PaperArtsy blog you've got a week of new product launches - exciting stuff!
I was lucky enough to get to play with the new Kay Carley stamps which are just beautiful and here's a video of the new products:


Below you can see the samples I made in more detail. This first one uses EKC07 with the lovely bluebells. I've stencilled the background first, then stamped the flowers in paint and finished with some cut out flowers stamped in grey. I didn't use black as I thought it would be too harsh.


This sample has a more shabby chic feel to it - the background is crackled to look like peeled paint. I wanted the flowers to look as if they were growing up and old wooden door. I've stamped with paint again in the background, quite watery this time and then added painted flowers over the top. This uses EKC06.




This wall hanging uses EKC05 and I've gone for a soft focus, watercolour effect, building up stencilling and stamping in the background. That tiny flower you can see is really useful and is typical of the attention to detail that Kay brings to her stamps.


The glossy touches are made using Ranger enamels.


Those were my main samples, but I couldn't resist a couple of 3D ones using a mixture of the stamp sets! Firstly a framed montage:


And finally this wooden heart that I thought was just crying out for some bunches of flowers:





Many thanks to Kay for choosing me as a wingman and to Leandra and Mark for all the supplies.

I hope you've enjoyed the new product launch of Kay's stamps - don't forget to keep on looking on the PaperArtsy blog all week as there are more lovely things to see.

Helen



1 comment:

Dortesjs said...

gorgeous love your art, those stamps are fab.